Subject: Re: bug#26302: [website] translations

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:11:12 +0100

On Tue, Nov 05, 2019 at 08:31:30AM +0100, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> +Note that @command{guix build -S} compiles the sources only of the
> +specified package.

Another try, I changed s/package/packages/ (attached).

Regards,
Florian
>From a5d9180d960d244053bea0d59d6092060fe4c6dd Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Florian Pelz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 12:08:54 +0100
Subject: [PATCH 01/13] doc: Explain more licensing aspects of the '--source'
 build option.

* doc/guix.texi (Additional Build Options): Explain more.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 7 +++++++
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index da2423b422..d8886fa494 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -8328,6 +8328,13 @@ The returned source tarball is the result of applying any patches and
 code snippets specified in the package @code{origin} (@pxref{Defining
 Packages}).
 
+Note that @command{guix build -S} compiles the sources only of the
+specified packages.  They do not include the sources of statically
+linked dependencies, dynamically linked dependencies, or any other
+dependencies.  When distributing complete corresponding sources for
+license compliance, you may want to play it safe and use the following
+@code{--sources} option instead.
+
 @item --sources
 Fetch and return the source of @var{package-or-derivation} and all their
 dependencies, recursively.  This is a handy way to obtain a local copy
-- 
2.23.0