Subject: Re: bug#26238: core-updates: Fix time zone bug in `date` 8.26

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 23:34:14 +0200

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here is a WIP patch that adds a graft for coreutils 8.27. I stole Leos
> code for the (gnu packages commencement) part. It builds with
> `./pre-inst-env guix build coreutils`, but my after reconfiguring my
> system on it, `date --version` still shows 8.26.
>
> Any idea what's wrong?

Bah!  The system uses ‘coreutils-final’ due to this stanza in (gnu
system):

     ;; The packages below are also in %FINAL-INPUTS, so take them from
     ;; there to avoid duplication.
     (map canonical-package
          (list guile-2.0 bash coreutils findutils grep sed
                diffutils patch gawk tar gzip bzip2 xz lzip))

Not sure how to handle it.  We could explicitly write ‘coreutils-8.27’
above, which would solve the problem.  It would also make the graft much
less useful, except for people explicitly doing:

  guix package -i coreutils

So we might just as well remove the graft.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.