Subject: bug#26238: core-updates: Fix time zone bug in `date` 8.26

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 20:36:40 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

> Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> After discussion on #guix, Ludovic and I decided to try grafting
>> coreutils to fix a bug in `date` that breaks converting between time
>> zones.
>>
>> https://gnunet.org/bot/log/guix/2017-03-24#T1333113
>>
>> But, I'm not sure how to handle coreutils-final from (gnu packages
>> commencement).
>>
>> Any advice?
>
> It looks like coreutils-final can e.g.
> (inherit (coreutils)
>          (replacement #f)).

I tried (package (inherit coreutils) (replacement #f)) in
coreutils-final, but could not get it to work either. The implicit build
inputs are still getting rebuilt. So, I'm lost. :-)

> Maybe we should try to graft 8.27 instead?

How many days does Hydra use on a full rebuild on the different arches?
Not counting the jobs that need to be restarted manually, disk space
management etc..

:-(