Subject: 24.5; Info manual: need better index entry for node "`1'-`9' choose a menu subtopic by its number"

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 08:46:26 -0700 (PDT)

The Info manual should be exemplary in using the features of Info -
it should be among the best examples of Info.  There is room for
improvement in this regard.

1. To start with, see http://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/31679/105.

In the Info manual, please provide more and better index entries for
this node.  A user should be able to find it using `i menu TAB'.

2. Using `i menu TAB' you can get to node `Menus and the ‘m’
command' (which should be named `Menus and the ‘m’ Command').  But
from that node you cannot get to node ``1'-`9' choose a menu
subtopic by its number'.  Each of these nodes should have a
cross-reference to the other.  The first of these nodes purports
to be the main node about menus.  It should link to other nodes
that talk about using menus.

3. The index entry `select N’th menu item' should use "Nth", not
"N’th".

4. This node name, and some other node names in the manual, should use
title case, not sentence case.  E.g. `1'-`9' Choose a Menu Subtopic By
its Number".  (That title is anyway not so good.  Put the 1-9 at the
end, and remove the quotes.)

The menu item for this node in its parent menu should likewise be
"Choose Menu Subtopic", not "Choose menu subtopic", and "Create Info
buffer" in that menu should be "Create Info Buffer".

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=3D/c/usr --host=3Di686-pc-mingw32'