Subject: Re: core-updates: r-rcpp fails to build with GCC 5

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 07:24:17 +0100

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> writes:

> Is this an appropriate solution?
> From 216000bc2d05799f3d68ae1806bb4b2ce6ab0782 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 17:16:58 -0400
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: r-rcpp: Fix build failure with GCC-5.
>
> * gnu/packages/statistics.scm (r-rcpp)[native-inputs]: Add gcc-4.9.

I don’t think so.  The real problem is that “gcc” was updated to point
to “gcc-5”, but “gfortran” still points to “gfortran-4.9”.

We should update “gfortran” to point to “gfortran-5” instead (and maybe
add a comment next to the “gcc” definition to remind people to also
update “gfortran”).

I’m not sure if this is accurate but “guix refresh -l gfortran-4.9”
tells me this:

    Building the following 142 packages would ensure 475 dependent
    packages are rebuilt …

What do you think?  Do you want me to push it to core-updates?

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net