Subject: bug#26215: gschemas.compiled should not be added to the profile by multiple packages

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 01:26:32 +0100

Hello Florian,

Am Sonntag, den 27.12.2020, 01:02 +0100 schrieb pelzflorian (Florian
Pelz):
> [...]
> I think the bug is done.  Purging the gschemas.compiled files from
> all
> packages would need to be done in an extra phase for many build
> systems (glib-or-gtk build system, cmake build system, meson build
> system) that would be useless when a package does not use glib.  It
> is
> difficult.  Also the gschemas.compiled files are small in size.  Some
> people maybe even do or could rely on the per-package
> gschemas.compiled file in self-written setups that do not use Guix
> profiles/environments.
> 
> Closing.
Thanks for formally closing this bug.  As far as purging the files is
concerned, we do already remove GTK icon caches from packages all over
the place, that would otherwise require gtk+:bin as native input, so it
*is* an option for saving a little space here and there.  That being
said, it is not strictly necessary, just an option if anyone is
sufficiently bored.

Regards,
Leo