Subject: bug#26203: [PATCH] gnu: Add swaks.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 18:44:20 +0530

>> email is such a pain. I have to use smarthosts because my self-hosted
>> mail server is on a dynamic IP address. (Most?) mail servers accept mail
>> only from static IP addresses with reverse DNS records. Are there any
>> good free (as in gratis) smarthost services that you can recommend?
>> Which smarthost, if any, do you use?
>>
> I'm interested in this too
>
> But this is a closed ticket.
>
> In order to give more visibility to this question, I suggest you to post it
> on the help mailing list

> In fact, a proper email setup is required in order to contribute to Guix

Apart from the specific issue of smarthosts, I don't know what I would
ask for. Why don't you go ahead and start a thread with what's on your
mind, and I'll join in on the conversation?

I think this question is more about email self hosting than about the
Guix project. I don't know if it would be relevant on the help mailing
list. Email is admittedly not the best system for Guix development, but
this question has been discussed rather extensively on this thread (
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-08/msg00854.html
). No satisfactory consensus was reached, as far as I can tell.