Subject: bug#26203: [PATCH] gnu: Add swaks.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 10:07:35 +0530

>>> +         (add-after 'install 'wrap-program
>>> +                    (lambda _
>>> +                      (wrap-program (string-append (assoc-ref %outputs "out")
>>> +                                                   "/bin/swaks")
>>
>> It would be nice if the perl-build-system did this wrapping
>> automatically just like the python-build-system does. Is there some
>> reason the perl-build-system doesn't do wrapping automatically?
>
> I agree this would be nice. Would you like to work on it? :)

Sure, I'd like to try. I have only packaged for Guix so far, and have
not worked on any build systems or other code. But, I guess this is a
good time to start.

> By the way, my email client says your PGP signature is bad.

Thank you for reporting this.

> Is your email client incorrectly configured, or is my key out of date?
> I fetched 0x2E25EE8B61802BB3 from "keys.gnupg.net".
>
> The fingerprint is:
> 7F73 0343 F2F0 9F3C 77BF  79D3 2E25 EE8B 6180 2BB3

Leo Famulari writes:

> I see the same thing in Mutt, which is using gpgme 1.8.0 for PGP.
>
> I notice your key does not have an expiration date; many clients
> interpret signatures with expired keys as "bad" signatures. Perhaps
> that's what's going happening here.

I finally figured out the problem. It turns out that my outgoing SMTP
relay (the mailjet smarthost service) is adding a
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable" header to my content
headers and is thus corrupting my email signature. I have to figure out
some way to work around this.

email is such a pain. I have to use smarthosts because my self-hosted
mail server is on a dynamic IP address. (Most?) mail servers accept mail
only from static IP addresses with reverse DNS records. Are there any
good free (as in gratis) smarthost services that you can recommend?
Which smarthost, if any, do you use?