Subject: Re: bug#26179: Remove antinews

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2019 17:55:56 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > The serious purpose of the Antinews section is to help users
  > understand Emacs version N from a manual for Emacs N+1.

For further explanation:

That is why Antinews does not give the details of features that were
added in version N+1.  It says only the feature is not in version N,
because that is all you need to know to use version N.  And that is
only for features worth mentioning.

Therefore, the Antinews section is usually not very long.

The only time Antinews has much detail is when version N
required doing things differently, in a way that the version N+1
manual does not explain.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://gnu.org, https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)