Subject: Re: bug#26179: Remove antinews

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 21:24:20 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:13:53 -0400
>> 
>> Antinews is a cute idea, but IMO once you've appreciated the joke,
>> that's it and you never think about it again.
>> 
>> Since there aren't enough people to maintain the non-comedy aspects of
>> Emacs documentation, I would like to see antinews removed, so that we
>> can spend the (admittedly tiny) time saving on other areas.
>
> To keep this in proper perspective, I'd like to remind that Antinews
> is written only for major releases.

It seems like there was no enthusiasm for this proposal at the time;
Eli, Richard and John seemed to disagree with it.

I suppose that means this is a wontfix?

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas