Subject: bug#26176: What to do about unmaintained frameworks like [email-masked] in Guix?

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:27:16 +0100

Howdy!

Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Good news on that front! 
>
> $ guix refresh -l wxwidgets
> Building the following 5 packages would ensure 6 dependent packages are
> rebuilt: aria-maestosa-1.4.11 wxmaxima-16.04.2 filezilla-3.24.1
> elixir-1.3.2 audacity-2.1.2

BTW, I used:

  guix graph -t reverse-package [email-masked]

to find out how things ended up depending on it.

> kicad uses wxwidgets built with gtk+-2, and the one that didn't show up
> at all, gnucash, uses webkitgtk/gtk+-2, which is the gtk+@2 version of
> [email-masked].
>
> Wxwidgets currently is built with [email-masked], but it looks like it
> supports webkit.
>
> I'm currently working on testing wxwidgets built with webkit to see if
> that takes care of everything currently relying on webkit@ancient other
> than gnucash.

Looks like it worked pretty well.  :-)

Thank you!

Ludo’.