Subject: Re: bug#26175: guix download fails if filename contains "@"

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2017 23:22:40 +0100

Hello,

Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> guix download fails if filename contains "@":invalid character `@' in name
>
>
> $ guix download
> mirror://kde/stable/applications/16.12.3/src/kde-l10n/[email-masked]
> [...]
> Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.oVF3qZ
> From
> http://mirror.karneval.cz/pub/kde/stable/applications/16.12.3/src/kde-l10n/[email-masked]...
>  ...cia-16.12.3.tar.xz  2.0MiB            1.4MiB/s 00:01
> [####################] 100.0%
> guix download: error: build failed: invalid character `@' in name
> [email-masked]'

To address this we’d need an extra command-line option in ‘guix
download’ to specify the name to use in the store (similar to the
‘file-name’ field in <origin>.)

So one would type:

  guix download --name=foo.tar.xz mirror://…/[email-masked]

In the meantime, you can work around it by doing something like:

  guix download -o foo.tar.xz mirror://…/[email-masked]
  guix hash foo.tar.xz

Thanks,
Ludo’.