Subject: bug#26175: [bug#36976] [PATCH 1/1] download: Map file-name characters not allowed in store.

From: Hartmut Goebel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 16:39:35 +0200

Hi Ludo,

while http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/36976 is going to solve the issue
for "guix download", I found that there are other cases where invalid
characters in store names appear. Thus we need a more elaborate solution
- or several solutions.

Any suggestions which cases to check and how to fix them?

E.g. "@" and "%" are not allowed in package source base names: When
building the package below, which used the "offending URL, yields an error:

guix build: error: invalid character `@' in name
[email-masked]'

Same when trying to work around this be using "…%40…".

(use-modules (guix packages) (guix download) (guix build-system gnu))

(package
  (name "kde-l10n-ca-valencia")
  (version "14.11.80")
  (source
   (origin
     (method url-fetch)
     (uri (string-append "mirror://kde//Attic/applications/"
                         version "/src/kde-l10n/"
                         "kde-l10n-ca@valencia-" version ".tar.xz"))
     (sha256 (base32
"1mqadassxcm0m9r1l02m5vr4bbandn48xz8gifvxmb4wiz8i8d0w"))))
  (build-system gnu-build-system)
  (synopsis "") (description "") (license "") (home-page ""))

-- 
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [email-masked]               |
| www.crazy-compilers.com | compilers which you thought are impossible |