Subject: Re: bug#26154: [PATCH 2/3] gnu: Add megaglest-data.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:22:47 -0400

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 09:37:38PM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> * gnu/packages/games.scm (megaglest-data): New variable.

> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "https://github.com/MegaGlest/megaglest-data/archive/"
> +             version ".tar.gz"))
> +       (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))

This tarball is just an auto-generated snapshot that GitHub creates
whenever you make a new release on the GitHub page. These are rarely
what the upstream developers want us to use.

Instead we should use either 'megaglest-data-3.13.0.tar.xz' or
'megaglest-standalone-data-3.13.0.tar.xz'. Can you try it?

> +       (sha256
> +        (base32
> +         "0pif2n0py86kw2z3c7jlhlvf34cl6plscxnaddi2r3p7x80mcxwr"))))
> +    (build-system cmake-build-system)
> +    (arguments
> +     `(#:tests? #f))
> +    (home-page "https://megaglest.org/")
> +    (synopsis "3D real-time strategy (RTS) game (data files)")

"Data files for MegaGlest".

> +    (description "MegaGlest is an entertaining free and open source
> +cross-platform 3D real-time strategy (RTS) game, where you control the
> +armies of one of seven different factions: Tech, Magic, Egypt,
> +Indians, Norsemen, Persian or Romans.
> +
> +This package contains the data files required for the game.")

I think the description can just include this final sentence.