Subject: Re: bug#26154: [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add libircclient.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:20:39 -0400

On Sat, Mar 18, 2017 at 09:37:37PM +0530, Arun Isaac wrote:
> * gnu/packages/messaging.scm (libircclient): New variable.

Thanks!

I pushed as 6fdbd86d0fcda40967e713c4226d19cee991bcd9 with the following
changes:

> +       (uri (string-append
> +             "https://sourceforge.net/projects/libircclient/files/libircclient/1.9/libircclient-"
> +             version ".tar.gz/download"))
> +       (file-name (string-append name "-" version ".tar.gz"))

I made it use our sourceforge "mirror" URL, which made it possible to
drop (file-name).

> +    (description "Libircclient is a small but extremely powerful
> +library which implements the client IRC protocol.  It is designed to
> +be small, fast, portable and compatible with the RFC standards as well
> +as non-standard but popular features.  It is perfect for building the
> +IRC clients and bots.")

I edited the synopsis to remove "marketing" language like "small but
extremely powerful" and "perfect for building...".

https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Synopses-and-Descriptions.html