Subject: bug#26126: 26.0.50; file-notify-rm-watch removes arbitrary watches

From: Andreas Politz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 17:34:03 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> That still leaves a lot of unclear entries there.  maybe it isn't
> important.

Mmh. I attached the file which generated the table.

>> >> Finally, I'm tempted to suggest to get rid of the flags argument of
>> >> file-notify-add-watch. 
>> 
>> > The flags are there for the operations where the differences matter.
>> 
>> When does it matter ?
>
> Why should we care?  That's for the programmer to decide; we just give
> them the tools.

But this is not a restriction on the part of the programmer, as he can
still filter out the events he's not interested in.

>> Also: I think in the end we want to add a layer above filenotify.el,

> That was the original plan, ...

That's good to hear.

-ap