Subject: bug#26120: 25.1; mouse-minibuffer-check: Wrong type argument

From: Live System User <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 04:08:10 -0400

Hi,

        I got the following error:

1. M-x list-faces-display

2. With the mouse, click on the *Faces* buffer (so I could
   search it via C-s) but after clicking, I got the following
   error:
   
mouse-minibuffer-check: Wrong type argument: window-valid-p, #<window 117>

        I tried again but was not able to reproduce rhis error so
        feel free to close this bug report if this information is
        not sufficient to put in additional safeguards.

        Probably related:

        I'm using a third-party package called "popwin.el" which runs
        on a timer:

        [...]
        
        (unwind-protect
         (progn
          (when (popwin:window-deletable-p popwin:popup-window)
            (delete-window popwin:popup-window))

          [...]
          
           (defun popwin:window-deletable-p (window)
             "Return t if WINDOW is deletable, meaning that WINDOW is alive
           and not a minibuffer's window, plus there is two or more windows."
             (and (window-live-p window)
                  (not (window-minibuffer-p window))
                  (not (one-window-p))))

        There's probably contention or a race conditon between
        mouse-minibuffer-check/window-valid-p and what popwin.el
        is doing when it goes to do its delete window.
        
        Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.20.9)
 of 2016-10-13 built on buildvm-05.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11803000
Configured using:
 'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no --with-xwidgets build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1
 -m64 -mtune=generic' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Summary

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
nnimap read 80k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 97k from imap.aim.com [2 times]
nnimap read 105k from imap.aim.com
nnimap read 121k from imap.aim.com
Fetching headers for nnimap+aol:INBOX...done
Scoring...done
Sorting threads...done
Generating summary...done
Auto-saving...done
End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail shr-color color shr dom subr-x browse-url sort
gnus-cite smiley ansi-color mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml
disp-table cursor-sensor nndraft nnmh mm-archive jka-compr timezone
url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth url-handlers utf-7 rfc2104 nnfolder
network-stream nsm starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache epa-file epa derived nnreddit mm-url
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core
cl-macs url-vars json map seq byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
cconv gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap cl gv
sieve sieve-mode sieve-manage nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls gnutls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems wid-edit nnoo nnheader
gnus-util mm-util help-fns help-mode easymenu cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
xwidget-internal move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 250790 24404)
 (symbols 48 31779 0)
 (miscs 40 207 388)
 (strings 32 58707 5401)
 (string-bytes 1 1858589)
 (vectors 16 26564)
 (vector-slots 8 857224 60431)
 (floats 8 572 342)
 (intervals 56 5101 117)
 (buffers 976 41)
 (heap 1024 87250 16395))