Subject: Re: bug#26104: 26.0.50; In Ubuntu, having mouse over other frame cause Alt key to produce a <switch-frame> event

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 17:15:52 +0200

Jonathan Ganc <[email-masked]> writes:

> I found the setting that causes the issue. In CompizConfig (i.e. apt
> package compizconfig-settings-manager), go to Ubuntu Unity Plugin, and
> then, under General, disable "Key to show the menu bar while
> pressed". The problem goes away. (The irony is that I dislike the menu
> hiding and had it disabled anyway).
>
> At the very least, if menu hiding is disabled, so should this key
> shortcut. I will let the Ubuntu people know.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

Skimming this bug report, it seems like this problem was caused by an
external setting, and there wasn't much we could do about that on the
Emacs side, so I'm closing this bug report.  If that's mistaken, and we
should do something on the Emacs side, please respond to the debbugs
address and we'll reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no