Subject: bug#26104: 26.0.50; In Ubuntu, having mouse over other frame cause Alt key to produce a <switch-frame> event

From: Jonathan Ganc <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 05:41:54 -0400

You were right.

I found the setting that causes the issue. In CompizConfig (i.e. apt 
package compizconfig-settings-manager), go to Ubuntu Unity Plugin, and 
then, under General, disable "Key to show the menu bar while pressed". 
The problem goes away. (The irony is that I dislike the menu hiding and 
had it disabled anyway).

At the very least, if menu hiding is disabled, so should this key 
shortcut. I will let the Ubuntu people know.

Thanks for your help in tracking this down.

Jonathan

On 04/09/2017 02:37 AM, martin rudalics wrote:
> > I changed keyboard.c and rebuilt emacs. The value for
> > lispy-switch-frame-source is focus_in_event.
>
> Same here.  So I suggest you look into your window manager's focus
> policy.  It's focus follows mouse on my machine which evidently produces
> a focus-in event each time the mouse moves to another frame.
>
> martin