Subject: Re: bug#26101: Counterproductive calculation order in date

From: Ulf Zibis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 00:20:16 +0100

Am 15.03.2017 um 15:46 schrieb Eric Blake:
> List policy is to reply-to-all, so that we don't have to think about who
> is subscribed, while making sure that even unsubscribed readers stay in
> the loop on the message they are interested in.  The list server has
> settings where you can request that you don't receive duplicate messages
> (that is, the list won't send you a second copy of the mail if your
> address was listed in to or cc);

Yes, but I prefer to filter my emails on List-Id, as it is unambiguous 
and simple. With that setting I would loose this possibility.

> and you can also set mail-followup-to
> when posting to help direct the behavior of reply-to-all when someone
> replies to you.

I must amid, I do not really understand this.

> It doesn't scale to make me and every other subscriber
> special-case "which people that I'm replying to don't want a duplicate",
> compared to you to just tweak settings on your end to avoid the
> duplicates and/or set things up so that reply-to-all excludes you
> because you prefer to get it through the list.

Agreed!

-Ulf