Subject: bug#2608 closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2608: 23.0.90;`w32-use-visible-system-carat' should be a defcustom)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 01:20:06 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,w32 package:

#2608: 23.0.90; `w32-use-visible-system-carat' should be a defcustom

It has been closed by Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Jason Rumney <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2608: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2608
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2608: 23.0.90;`w32-use-visible-system-carat' should be a defcustom
From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 09:10:47 +0800

Drew Adams wrote:
> I don't see this as fixed in 23.0.94.1. I'm looking at both the doc string and
> the Emacs manual section about this variable.
>   

Drew, can you please stop reopening bugs because the solution is not 
EXACTLY what you want.

At least explain what it is that is missing so we can have a clue what 
it is you are not happy with.

Subject: 23.0.90; `w32-use-visible-system-carat' should be a defcustom
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:55:42 -0700

A visually impaired new Emacs user just asked a question about this
variable on [email-masked]. I had never heard of this
variable. I see now that it is a defvar, even though it seems to be
documented as a user "flag". Seems like it should be a defcustom.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-02-01 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'