Subject: Re: bug#26066: 26.0.50; vc-git-status gives wrong result

From: Jonathan Ganc <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:10:33 -0400

Hi,

Well, the ideal situation is if could get a listing like the one atom 
has for projects, where you get a visual view of directories and can see 
folders with changed files as well as the status of files (orangish 
means modified, green means new, greyed means ignored):

http://imgur.com/a/PiiGF

Actually, emacs has something not so dissimilar in the Neotree package. 
(Install it and use `(setq neo-vc-integration '(face char))` ). It has a 
few shortcomings:

1. Because of this bug, it was giving me the wrong status for files, 
i.e. they showed up wrong. That is how I noticed the bug in the first place.

2. I would like to be able to color directories as well as files. I 
don't know if that is something that would have a component in vc-git.el 
/ vc-....el or would go entirely in some package (e.g. Neotree)

3. It would be nice to be able to show mutiple directory trees at once 
in Neotree, though this is not as important.

The first, big problem is that, because of this bug,

On 03/21/2017 05:19 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> Hi Jonathan,
>
> On 16.03.2017 04:40, Jonathan Ganc wrote:
>
>> (My ultimate goal is to try to get something like atom's status for 
>> git files into emacs, which is how I noticed the problem to begin with).
>
> Could you expand on what you are trying to do, and how this bug stops 
> you from doing it?