Subject: bug#26053: No release notice in 25.2 rc2 ChangeLog

From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 23:14:01 +0200

Hi Glenn,

I'm preparing the release, and I noticed that the ChangeLog file only
contains one entry with the following:

  2017-04-14  Nicolas Petton  <[email-masked]>
  
  	* Version 25.2 released.

Then it directly refers to ChangeLog.2:

  See ChangeLog.2 for earlier changes.

Which is rather odd, so I looked at the 25.1 release, and it has the
same almost empty ChangeLog file.  So this is either expected, or maybe
nobody noticed this when I did the last release?

The 24.5 tarball doesn't have this issue since back then there was only
one ChangeLog file.

My question is, was it intended to have the ChangeLog file with only one
entry (for the release)?

Cheers,
Nico