Subject: bug#26049: 25.2; Extra lines not added to comment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 22:25:23 -0400

Antonin Houska <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> >   	   (progn (goto-char end) (end-of-line) (skip-syntax-backward " ")
>> >   		  (<= (point) end))
>> >   	   (or block (not (string= "" comment-end)))
>> > ! 	   (or block (progn (goto-char beg) (search-forward
>> > !                                              "\n"
>> > !                                              (min (1+ end) (point-max)) t)))))
>
>> Maybe (re-search-forward "$" end t) is better?  It's a bit unclear to me
>> what exactly all those tests are looking for.  That code could use some
>> comments...
>
> I've just verified your approach - it does work too.

"$" also matches at the end of buffer even if it doesn't end in newline
(which is a very marginal corner case, I just happened to notice it
because I didn't hit RET in my test buffer).

> + 	    ;; Trim trailing whitespace from cs if there's some.
> +             (setq cs (string-trim cs))

This would trim leading whitespace too, do we want that?