Subject: bug#26043: 25.0.93; Build Failure on OSX

From: Lee B <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 16:54:07 +0900

On 金,  3 10 2017, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> From: Lee B <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 14:56:57 +0900
>> 
>> Building Emacs from git seems to have been failing for the past few days
>> on my system (OSX El Capitan 10.11.6). I run it daily from cron, and
>> have only just noticed, sorry.
>
> You seem to be using a very old version of the sources.  I think this
> problem was solved long ago.

Really? I must be doing something wrong then. I'm pulling from emacs.git
on savannah:

[email-masked]:~/dev/emacs-master $ git config -l
credential.helper=osxkeychain
filter.media.clean=git-media-clean %f
filter.media.smudge=git-media-smudge %f
core.excludesfile=/Users/lee/.gitignore-global
core.repositoryformatversion=0
core.filemode=true
core.bare=false
core.logallrefupdates=true
core.ignorecase=true
core.precomposeunicode=true
remote.origin.url=git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git
remote.origin.fetch=+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
branch.master.remote=origin
branch.master.merge=refs/heads/master
diff.elisp.xfuncname=^\(def[^[:space:]]+[[:space:]]+([^()[:space:]]+)
diff.texinfo.xfuncname=^@node[[:space:]]+([^,[:space:]][^,]+)
user.name=Lee Bochicchio
user.email=[email-masked]
transfer.fsckobjects=true
diff.m4.xfuncname=^((m4_)?define|A._DEFUN(_ONCE)?)\([^),]*
diff.make.xfuncname=^([$.[:alnum:]_].*:|[[:alnum:]_]+[[:space:]]*([*:+]?[:?]?|!?)=|define .*)
diff.shell.xfuncname=^([[:space:]]*[[:alpha:]_][[:alnum:]_]*[[:space:]]*\(\)|[[:alpha:]_][[:alnum:]_]*=)
[email-masked]:~/dev/emacs-master $ git pull
Already up-to-date.
[email-masked]:~/dev/emacs-master $

I'm afraid I've always done it this way in the past and had no
problems. Is there something I'm missing?

I did update the ticket to mention that I'd omitted to edit the
title. My last successful build from this repo was 3rd March. The
Emacs.app tells me it's version 26.0.50.

Sorry for any confusion.

Lee.