Subject: 23.0.91; key bindings in vc-annotate incompatible w/ Emacs 22

From: Reiner Steib <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 00:06:32 +0100

Hi,

> Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
> and the precise symptoms of the bug:

- C-x C-f lisp/gnus/gnus.el RET

- M-x vc-annotate RET

- D

Instead of showing diff of revision at line (as in Emacs 22), I get:

,----[ *Messages* ]
| vc-annotate-show-changeset-diff-revision-at-line:
| The CVS backend does not support changeset diffs
`----

Is this change intended?  I could understand that `D' should now work
on change sets, but please at least mention it in NEWS and tell the
user to try `d' instead or better just display the warning and than
call `vc-annotate-show-diff-revision-at-line' if no change set
operation is available.

- L

Instead of showing log of revision at line (as in Emacs 22), nothing
happens.

If there's no useful binding for `L', why not bind it to
`vc-annotate-show-log-revision-at-line' or at least tell the user to
use `l' (lowercase L) and also document it in NEWS.

I finally found something in NEWS (first I search for "vc-annotate"
without success):

,----[ NEWS ]
| *** In VC Annotate mode, for VC systems that support changesets, you can
| see the diff for the whole changeset (not only for the current file)
| by typing the D key.  Using the "Show changeset diff of revision at
| line" menu entry does the same thing.
`----

> In GNU Emacs 23.0.91.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
>  of 2009-03-08 on primula
> Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10400090

Bye, Reiner.
-- 
       ,,,
      (o o)
---ooO-(_)-Ooo---  |  PGP key available  |  http://rsteib.home.pages.de/