Subject: Re: bug#26032: Indenting in tabulars without &

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 03:15:03 +0900

Hi Arash,

> I've just pushed a change with `natnump' to git.

I'm afraid that the fix has to be reconsidered.  The current code does
not work as expected when the whole tabular environment itself is
indented like the following examples.

\begin{table}
  \begin{tabular}{ll}
    \multicolumn{2}{c}{These lines will} `M-RET here'
  \end{tabular}
\end{table}

\begin{table}
  \begin{tabular}{ll}
    \multicolumn{2}{c}{These lines will}  \\
    & `C-c C-q C-e here'
  \end{tabular}
\end{table}

So it is not sufficient to examine whether `(- (current-column) 1)' is
negative or not.  I suppose that comparing the `(current-column)' and
`beg-col' would be necessary.  (Or just using `(max (- (current-column)
1) (+ 2 beg-col))' might be sufficient.  I haven't considered the
situation in detail yet.)

Regards,
Ikumi Keita