Subject: bug#26028: 26.0.50; epatch for multifile patches

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 19:29:21 +0300

On 10/05/2021 14:02 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> AFAIR it solved my problem, but I can't judge whether it's ok to
>> install since I don't know the code.
>
> The patch no longer applies cleanly -- do you have an up-to-date version
> of Tino's patch in your tree, by any chance?  Or did you just try it
> then, and then back it out again?
>
> Looking at the commit history for ediff, it doesn't really look like we
> have any ediff domain experts to evaluate the patch, which makes it hard
> to decide whether to try to apply the patch or not.

I've looked into ediff some months ago (when writing a function which
opens new multifile ediff session for comparing vc commits; it's
unfinished yet).  So I could look at the patch if needed.

Filipp