Subject: bug#26006: [Website] Integral update proposal

From: sirgazil <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 17:13:36 -0500

On 29/07/17 12:53, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi sirgazil,

Hi Ludo,

> Sorry for the looong delay.  I’ve finally incorporated the new web site
> in the guix-artwork.git repo along with a couple of fixes:
>
>    https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-artwork.git/log/?h=wip-website-update

No problem :)

> I think it’s mostly ready to go.  There are a few things missing from
> package pages:
>
>    • The gnu icon next to GNU packages; it’d be easy to re-introduce, but
>      I’m not sure whether/how it could fit well in the page design.

I forgot to design that part, but I'd try appending a text like "This 
package is part of GNU" to the package description, and maybe adding a 
translucent GNU head in the background of the package box (top-right).

>    • The JS build status icons.  Likewise, I’m not sure how to make it
>      look good on package pages.

I designed an alternative representation of build status. It is in 
designs/packages.svg, but here is an image:

https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/package-with-issues.png

>    • The reproducibility and issue pages, but we’ve disabled them
>      recently anyway for performance reasons.

Then I'd remove them from the main menu and the packages sidebar for now.

> Thoughts?
>
> I guess none of these are blockers, though.

I'd love to apply the missing changes myself, but I'm currently lacking 
a guix-enabled computer. But, yes, I think these things should not stop 
a website update.

P. S.: I hope the new code was not a pain in the neck deal with. I'm 
sorry if it is :P

-- 
https://sirgazil.bitbucket.io/