Subject: Re: bug#25995: 26.0.50; Mismatch between documented and actual behaviour of icomplete

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 22:50:45 -0400

tags 25995 fixed
close 25995 26.1
tags 24676 fixed
close 24676 26.1
quit

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> When running it interactively, however (M-x eval-buffer, also starting
> with 'emacs -Q'), I'm getting consistently opposite results:

Ah, you're measuring interpreted code which will penalize the open-coded
loop more than the `cl-delete-if' call which has the loop tucked away
(and compiled).

> In any case, nreverse barely affects the runtime, so please go ahead
> and push the patch. Thanks!

Pushed to master [1: 1ed2086a03], also fixes the same issue for
`completion-pcm--all-completions' (Bug#24676).

[1: 1ed2086a03]: 2017-06-20 22:44:24 -0400
  Keep order of completion candidates (Bug#25995, Bug#24676)
  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=1ed2086a03a5f33482d2f184e57dad9e6a9d25d8