Subject: 25.2; Disruptive error message in minibuffer with tramp password prompt

From: Teemu Likonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 23:08:39 +0200

Emacs gives disruptive error message in minibuffer with tramp password
prompt when show-paren-mode and ido-mode are active. The error message
is:

    Making show-paren-mode local to  *Minibuf-2* while let-bound!

To reproduce:

    emacs -Q -f show-paren-mode -f ido-mode

    C-x C-f /sudo::/e

And the error message is showing and can also be found from the
*Messages* buffer.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2017-02-26 built on mithlond
Repository revision: 640661838dbba8185990e839712c91a14641ddf3
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.7 (jessie)

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/dtw/.local --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-xwidgets --with-wide-int'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
GTK3 X11 XWIDGETS

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: C
  value of $LANG: fi_FI.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix