Subject: Re: bug#25979: 25.1; be able to have buffer of same name use same text scaling when re-created

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:02:28 +0200

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Use `C-h v' or whatever to show buffer *Help*.
>
> Use `C-x C--' t shrink display of *Help*.
>
> Use `C-h v' or whatever to show buffer *Help* again, for something
> different.  The text is no longer scaled the same as it was.
>
> Enhancement request: Add a user option to let someone choose to impose
> the same text scaling on the same buffer (or another buffer of the same
> name), when it is redrawn (or re-created).
>
> (This just extends the idea that text scaling applies to all displays of
> the same buffer, i.e., it is buffer-dependent, not window-dependent or
> dependent on something else.)

As a general feature, I don't think there's that much use for it,
because it's a bug if a mode clears out `text-scale-mode' (and other
minor modes) when the command regenerates the buffer.

So I've now fixed that in the help functions in Emacs 29 -- by finally
rewriting `with-help-window', which is something I've been planning to
do for years, anyway.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no