Subject: Re: bug#25978: 25.1; Message from `text-scale-adjust' is shown in other frames too

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 18:31:05 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > As long as "C-x C--" uses 'message' to display these instructions,
>> > nothing can be done, because what you see is the usual behavior of
>> > messages displayed in the echo area: they follow the selected frame.
>> > 
>> > Perhaps the frame-switch event should simply empty the echo area.
>> > Patches to that effect are welcome.
>> 
>> Frame-switch should not systematically empty the echo area, IMO.
>
> Of course not.  I meant only in this specific case.  IOW, set things
> up in text-scale-adjust so that the echo area is emptied when frame is
> switched after displaying this particular message.

Do we have any machinery for setting up an action like that?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no