Subject: bug#25977: [PATCH 0/3] Updater for netfilter.org.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 18:07:55 +0100

Hi Marius!

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> These three patches make it possible to use `guix refresh` to update
> iptables (with signature verification etc).

Cool!

> It seems overkill to have a full updater for a single package, although
> the latest iptables version require a few other packages from
> netfilter.org.
>
> Tips for how to generalize this welcome!

I was thinking we could have a generic FTP updater (rather
FTP-with-signature updater).  It would match packages whose source is
fetched over ftp already, or packages that have a special 'ftp-url
property, say.

How does that sound?

In the meantime your 3 patches LGTM.  You can definitely apply #2 and
#3; as for #1, I think it’s fine, and we can always remove it when we
have a more generic updater.

Thanks!

Ludo’.