Subject: bug#25966: Fix bug 25957 and updates gitolite

From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 00:19:13 +0000

On 17-03-04 17:53:08, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 02:06:59PM +0000, ng0 wrote:
> > These two patches:
> > 
> > * update gitolite to 3.6.6,
> > * (attempt to) fix #25957.
> > 
> > I write attempt, in theory this closes the bug. I don't run this on my
> > server. I have greped for more occurences of /usr/bin/perl, and the ones
> > I had problems with are gone, remaining are 2 which are completely
> > unrelated to the bug and to the issue in general.
> > I'm 99% positive that the bug will be fixed once this is applied.
> 
> Pushed
> 
> 
> 
I've been reading the bugtracker again, and there's this:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25508

quoting in full:

The git package ships with a number of sample hook files.  These are
shell scripts and
therefore the #!/bin/sh line gets substituted at  build time.

However these files get installed into every git repostory that is
created, and users
are invited to use them as templates for their own hooks.

This will be fine until both git and bash are updated.  Now the original
bash is free
to be garbage collected.  If that happens, the path: 
#!/gnu/store/qkw4zrwfybxww8f56nkb6hggxambk89b-bash-4.4.0/bin/sh
will no longer exist.

I suggest what we turn off the shebang patching for the files in
share/templates for git.

J'

quote end.

The "hooks/update" in resulting repositories using gitolite is a symlink
to "/home/git/.gitolite/hooks/common/update". Will this file ever
change? Maybe it makes more sense to have the symlink to
"~/.guix-profile/bin/perl" or something similar?

I guess only time will tell, and I will notice as soon as garbage
collection removed the perl in the shebang.