Subject: bug#25963: 25.2; tramp su fails

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 15:06:03 +0100

Tyler Smith <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks Michael,

Hi Tyler,

> That buffer, `debug tramp/su ...` is quite large, 1269 lines. I've
> attached it as a txt file, if you'd prefer me to post it somewhere or
> paste it inline, let me know.

No, it is sufficient.

> There is a second debug buffer `debug
> tramp/nil nil`, which contains only:

This one is of no interest this time.

Let's see what happened:

> 08:34:19.246330 tramp-send-command (6) # exec su - root
> 08:34:34.147941 tramp-process-actions (6) # 
> Password: 
> [30;41m~ [0;31m‚ [m

Looks, like beside the su password, there are some further escape
sequences (color?) in the shell output, which disturb Tramp. Pls
suppress them; the Tramp manual shall tell you how.

> Best,
> Tyler

Best regards, Michael.