Subject: Re: bug#25959: No stop button in gdb toolbar

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 05:38:02 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 19:00:15 -0500
> 
> > What version of GDB do you have?
> 
> I should have said:
> GNU gdb (GDB) Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6.1-94.el7

Hmm... that might be too old.  Is there any chance you could try with
a newer one?  Or maybe you already did?

> > Anyway, I guess reverting only the first hunk of 2e78e6a suffices?
> 
> Right.
> 
> Though I don't know if it is safe to revert any of 2e78e6a, given that
> it says these signals never reply, and comments in
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/13845#8
> talks about gdb replying in order.

My problem with the original report is that the recipe for reproducing
the bug is so complex I cannot wrap my head around what's going on
there.  One way forard could be to see if reverting the first hunk of
2e78e6a reintroduces the problem in that recipe.  Or maybe we should
just revert it and see if anyone hollers.