Subject: bug#25957: gitolite broken: created repositories keep references to /usr/bin for hooks

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 10:16:06 +0200

Hi,

On dim., 04 sept. 2022 at 09:26, "Thompson, David" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks! I made one minor tweak to sort the inputs list alphabetically
> and pushed as commit 1aa46a7e29c5bd892219fe20fefb883d2103e29e.

Cool!

> I also pushed a follow-up commit
> e4ccfcb22ad96e71ca4dfad95af5aa6229ed9869 that swaps out 'git' for
> 'git-minimal', saving about 75MiB in the package closure.

Neat!

> I think, technically speaking, this bug has been resolved.  There are
> no longer /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, etc. references in our gitolite
> package, so extensions should work as long as the user adds the
> relevant packages to their user or system profile.  I will keep this
> bug open for the moment, though, since I haven't gotten to the final
> patch I said I would submit which will make those optional
> dependencies easy to add via the gitolite service.  Stay tuned!

Ok, thanks for almost closing this old bugs. :-)

Cheers,
simon