Subject: Re: bug#25957: gitolite broken: created repositories keep references to /usr/bin for hooks

From: "Thompson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:26:28 -0400

Hi Efraim,

On Sun, Sep 4, 2022 at 3:26 AM Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Overall it looks good to me. I was going to ask about inetutils and
> openssh since they're not wrapping the binaries but I see their paths
> are substituted in the 'patch-source phase.
>
> LGTM!

Thanks! I made one minor tweak to sort the inputs list alphabetically
and pushed as commit 1aa46a7e29c5bd892219fe20fefb883d2103e29e.

I also pushed a follow-up commit
e4ccfcb22ad96e71ca4dfad95af5aa6229ed9869 that swaps out 'git' for
'git-minimal', saving about 75MiB in the package closure.

I think, technically speaking, this bug has been resolved.  There are
no longer /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, etc. references in our gitolite
package, so extensions should work as long as the user adds the
relevant packages to their user or system profile.  I will keep this
bug open for the moment, though, since I haven't gotten to the final
patch I said I would submit which will make those optional
dependencies easy to add via the gitolite service.  Stay tuned!

- Dave