Subject: libtool link mode execution ignores --target=* option

From: "N. Ohkawa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2017 14:19:13 +0900

Hi,

I try to cross-compile my lib using clang and target toolchain.
In link phase, I get this error.

clang-3.9: error: unable to execute command: Executable "ld" doesn't exist!
clang-3.9: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

'make' command try to link by

/bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link clang [options include
--target=target-host-prefix]

And then, 'libtool' script executes

clang [options without --target=target-host-prefix]

So, clang try to use 'ld' unexpectedly, not 'target-host-prefix-ld'.
libtool script drops --target=* at the func_mode_link function.
I think --target=* should be passed through unchanged,
like --sysroot=*, -stdlib=* and other options.

Regards,
Noriyuki