Subject: bug#25918: [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add libmesode.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 00:11:03 +0100

Mekeor Melire <[email-masked]> writes:

> Done. It's unfortunate that “guix lint” doesn't have a “-f” option so
> that I could do “guix lint -f gnu/packages/messaging.scm” or so.
>
> (My packaging work-flow is quite uncomfortable. I'm packaging in an my
> custom GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH; and then I copy the snippets into my local
> guix-repo. I wonder how your workflow looks like.)

Like Leo I recommend that you work on a git checkout of Guix instead of
using GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH.  The latter is for users of packages that
probably won’t end up in Guix.  It’s not suited for development.

> I hope it's fine for you that I'm *attaching* the patches instead of
> putting them *inline* because there are three separate patches. (I hope
> the attachments reach you because I'm still unconversant with my new
> mail client (mu4e).)

I’m using mu4e as well.  Attaching the patches is fine (looks like you
attached them twice: inline and as an attachment).

> Was it a good idea to separate the patches, actually?

You can send them in separate emails.  Many of us use git send-email (in
this case we would instruct “git send-email” to reply to this thread),
which can be a little tricky to set up.

I’m going to take a look at your patches tomorrow.

~~ Ricardo