Subject: bug#25914: Bug #25914: Please document compilation of Windows Resource files

From: Bob Friesenhahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 11:32:25 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, Simon McVittie wrote:
>
> After invoking LT_LANG([Windows Resource]) in configure.ac, is the
> Automake-generated build system meant to support compiling .rc files to
> .lo and/or .o? I would expect that it should, but perhaps that expectation
> is wrong?

I do not see any described support for Windows resource files in the 
Automake manual at 
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html or the 
Autoconf manual at 
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf.html.

What causes you to believe that there is support for a 'Windows 
Resource' language or specific support for Windows resource files?

The good news is that specific support is not required since it is 
easy to add additional tests to configure scripts and additional rules 
to Automake makefiles.

Bob
-- 
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/