Subject: Bug #25913 Hunting: gna.org down: gdsl, guile-dbi impacted

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 19:59:34 +0100

Dear,

Currently the packages "gdsl" and "guile-dbi" are still downloading
from gna.org.

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
$ egrep -nr "gna.org" gnu/packages/*.scm
gnu/packages/datastructures.scm:38:              (uri (string-append
"http://download.gna.org/gdsl/"
gnu/packages/datastructures.scm:44:    (home-page "http://home.gna.org/gdsl/")
gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm:1096:
"http://download.gna.org/guile-dbi/guile-dbi-"
gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm:1127:    (home-page
"http://home.gna.org/guile-dbi/guile-dbi.html")
gnu/packages/guile-xyz.scm:1151:
"http://download.gna.org/guile-dbi/guile-dbd-sqlite3-"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The source is stored in our server.

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Starting download of /gnu/store/nw1wfwcds5aylz5wji0ibm3jig1zykw1-gdsl-1.8.tar.gz
>From http://download.gna.org/gdsl/gdsl-1.8.tar.gz...
download failed "http://download.gna.org/gdsl/gdsl-1.8.tar.gz" 404 "Not Found"

Starting download of /gnu/store/nw1wfwcds5aylz5wji0ibm3jig1zykw1-gdsl-1.8.tar.gz
>From https://ci.guix.gnu.org/file/gdsl-1.8.tar.gz/sha256/1v64jvlnj8jfpphphgjgb36p0kv50kwfyqncf0y12f16v8ydyiaw...
downloading from
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/file/gdsl-1.8.tar.gz/sha256/1v64jvlnj8jfpphphgjgb36p0kv50kwfyqncf0y12f16v8ydyiaw...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I am not user of gdsl so I do not know if there is another location.
Ricardo? As you added it (2016), do you know?

Christopher, you have recently updated "guile-dbi", do you know
another location?

In both case, I propose to place them in any Gitlab or Github
location. What do you think?

All the best,
simon