Subject: bug#25913: [PATCH 0/1] Fix unreachable gdsl package

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 16:01:34 +0200

Dear,

The mention of the gna.org closing down is reported in bug #25913
<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/25913>.  Therefore, the package gdsl is not
maintained and the both URLs source and home-page are now unreachable.
Currently, substitutes are available on <ci.guix.gnu.org> but nothing prevents
an unfortunate "guix gc".  This patch uses Software Heritage as an archive for
upstream source, but since tarballs are not yet fully supported by SWH, the
support 'git-fetch' is used instead.

Last, let check the integrity of the switch.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ guix time-machine --commit=f6dfe42 -- build gdsl
/gnu/store/yd0vadqjx998v76ynx27klg7i62ra1l1-gdsl-1.8

$ ./pre-inst-env guix build gdsl
/gnu/store/zp18gsfw128aam2ifh9rsfn7wxx1fnzh-gdsl-1.8

$ diff -r --no-dereference \
      /gnu/store/zp18gsfw128aam2ifh9rsfn7wxx1fnzh-gdsl-1.8 \
      /gnu/store/yd0vadqjx998v76ynx27klg7i62ra1l1-gdsl-1.8
diff -r --no-dereference /gnu/store/zp18gsfw128aam2ifh9rsfn7wxx1fnzh-gdsl-1.8/bin/gdsl-config /gnu/store/yd0vadqjx998v76ynx27klg7i62ra1l1-gdsl-1.8/bin/gdsl-config
3c3
< prefix=/gnu/store/zp18gsfw128aam2ifh9rsfn7wxx1fnzh-gdsl-1.8
---
> prefix=/gnu/store/yd0vadqjx998v76ynx27klg7i62ra1l1-gdsl-1.8
diff -r --no-dereference /gnu/store/zp18gsfw128aam2ifh9rsfn7wxx1fnzh-gdsl-1.8/lib/libgdsl.la /gnu/store/yd0vadqjx998v76ynx27klg7i62ra1l1-gdsl-1.8/lib/libgdsl.la
41c41
< libdir='/gnu/store/zp18gsfw128aam2ifh9rsfn7wxx1fnzh-gdsl-1.8/lib'
---
> libdir='/gnu/store/yd0vadqjx998v76ynx27klg7i62ra1l1-gdsl-1.8/lib'
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

zimoun (1):
  gnu: gdsl: Replace 'url-fetch' by 'git-fetch'.

 gnu/packages/datastructures.scm | 11 ++++++-----
 1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

-- 
2.28.0