Subject: Re: bug#25908: [PATCH, WIP] Add godot.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2017 18:47:46 +0100

Hi Kei,

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> skribis:

> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

[...]

>>> Just two other things:
>>>
>>> Throughout the build I saw "-Ithirdparty/glew" as a CFLAG. Is this
>>> necessary for a successful build or can we use our own copy of glew?
>>
>> Maybe you could (delete-file-recursively "thirdparty") from the snippet
>> to be sure.
>>
>
> It seems like these libraries will be quite difficult to unbundle. The
> build system has targets that depend on files specifically found in the
> "thirdparty" directory.

As a first step, you could remove (in the snippet) those that can easily
be avoided, and document work that remains to be done in a comment.
Though yeah, we’ll have to find out how to modify ‘SConscript’ & co. to
remove the dependencies on bundled libs.

>>> Is there a check target for this build system? If not we can just leave
>>> a #:tests? #f with a note in the arguments section.
>>
>> AFAIK SCons does not standardize anything when it comes to running
>> tests.  I think ‘scons --help’ lists all the supported targets, so you
>> could check if there’s a “test” target or something like that.
>>
>
> There doesn't seem to be tests in the Godot's build system.

Simpler!

Ludo’.