Subject: Re: bug#25908: [PATCH, WIP] Add godot.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 16:51:30 +0100

Hi Kei,

Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ah, the crucial clue! I replaced the above regexp with the following:
>
> (substitute* "SConstruct"
>   (("env_base = Environment\\(tools=custom_tools\\)")
>    "env_base = Environment(ENV=os.environ)"))
>
> Though I don't know what the meaning of "tools=custom_tools" is, this
> substitution let me complete the build phase without an issue.

In doubt, I’d keep “tools=custom_tools” in addition to
“ENV=os.environ”.  :-)

> Just two other things:
>
> Throughout the build I saw "-Ithirdparty/glew" as a CFLAG. Is this
> necessary for a successful build or can we use our own copy of glew?

Maybe you could (delete-file-recursively "thirdparty") from the snippet
to be sure.

> Is there a check target for this build system? If not we can just leave
> a #:tests? #f with a note in the arguments section.

AFAIK SCons does not standardize anything when it comes to running
tests.  I think ‘scons --help’ lists all the supported targets, so you
could check if there’s a “test” target or something like that.

HTH!

Ludo’.