Subject: RE: bug#2589: 23.0.90; `C-x h' in minibuffer should not include prompt

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 10:58:50 -0700 (PDT)

> > The prompt text is part of the minibuffer, but it is not part of the
> > user's input.  It is good that you can select text from the prompt if
> > you need to.  But positioning and simple selection commands in the
> > input area should generally act on the user input only.
> >
> > In particular, `C-x h' should select (mark) all of the user input, but
> > only the input.  The prompt should not be included in the selection.
> 
> This is now fixed on the trunk.

Are you sure?  I don't have the trunk available, but in my latest
Emacs 25 build, which is this, it is not fixed.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-12-10
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/c/Devel/emacs/snapshot/trunk --enable-checking=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-Og
 -ggdb3' LDFLAGS=-Lc:/Devel/emacs/lib 'CPPFLAGS=-DGC_MCHECK=1
 -Ic:/Devel/emacs/include''

emacs -Q
M-x
C-x h
C-e
C-y

The prompt text is selected by C-x h.  The bug report says:

  In particular, `C-x h' should select (mark) all of the user input, but
  only the input.  The prompt should not be included in the selection.