Subject: bug#25876: closed (Re: bug#25876: 24.5; Misleading title for history menu from `Info-history')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 15:40:03 +0000

Your bug report

#25876: 24.5; Misleading title for history menu from `Info-history'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
25876: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=25876
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#25876: 24.5; Misleading title for history menu from `Info-history'
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 17:39:13 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:13:59 -0800 (PST)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> Please consider renaming the title to something that does not suggest
> that only the most recent elements of the history are included.  Perhaps
> a name such as simply `Visited Nodes'.

Thanks, I made it say "History of Visited Nodes".

Subject: 24.5; Misleading title for history menu from `Info-history'
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 14:13:59 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Command `Info-history' (bound to `L' by default) gives a menu of all
nodes you have visited in the current session.  But the title of the
node/menu is `Recently Visited Nodes'.  This is misleading.  So much so
that I even looked to see if there was some truncation of the history
that was involved, perhaps governed by some variable.  (There is not,
and none is needed.)

Please consider renaming the title to something that does not suggest
that only the most recent elements of the history are included.  Perhaps
a name such as simply `Visited Nodes'.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-11 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/c/usr --host=i686-pc-mingw32'