Subject: Re: bug#25863: 25.1; garbage display by small image

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:38:02 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2017 08:59:14 +0900
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> > Fortunately, this is a fairly rare situation.
> 
> I think it is not so rare.
> 
> Long ago, I noticed that a small dot may be displayed near an image
> when viewing it by find-file.
> For a long time I was not aware that it is a small part of a glyph
> which is displayed before buffer switching.

It could be not so rare in your use patterns, but I was talking about
the average Emacs user out there.  The fact is we didn't (AFAIR) see
bug reports about such problems, and even reproducing this on my
machine needed some effort.  Which is not surprising, given the
particular relation between the default font size and the metrics and
position of the image needed to have the bug show itself.