Subject: 25.1; Double macro execution

From: Marek Twardochlib <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:23:49 +0100

I define a macro that simply insert "a" in the butter and called it
insert-a.
This is the macro code after C-x C-k C-e:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Command: last-kbd-macro
Key: none

Macro:

a            ;; self-insert-command
RET            ;; newline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I define another macro that simply call the previous macro
insert-a.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Command: last-kbd-macro
Key: none

Macro:

<<insert-a>>        ;; insert-a
a            ;; self-insert-command
RET            ;; newline
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I call the last macro the "a" will be inserted twice. Expected
behaviour is "a" inserted one time. The code of last macro shows already
the problem: there is a call to insert-a AND the body of macro insert-a.

I use macros on my daily job and this issue is fatal for me. I would be
happy if you could fix the bug.

Kind regards
Marek Twardochlib

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-11-15 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: DEU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
New macro counter value: 1 (1)
(Type e to repeat macro) [3 times]
Mark set [3 times]
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined
Formatting keyboard macro...done
Defining kbd macro...
Keyboard macro defined
Formatting keyboard macro...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-seq
cl-extra help-mode easymenu edmacro cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib kmacro
time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91644 8248)
 (symbols 56 19844 0)
 (miscs 48 55 108)
 (strings 32 16448 5004)
 (string-bytes 1 453320)
 (vectors 16 12026)
 (vector-slots 8 427102 5471)
 (floats 8 160 246)
 (intervals 56 323 31)
 (buffers 976 18))